* Prospective NCAA Division I and II student-athletes should visit the NCAA Eligibility Center website (www.eligibilitycenter.org) and seek the NCAA's acceptance of a particular Education Provider's virtual course prior to registration.
Through this course, students will gain a foundation in the skills needed for college accounting courses, office work, and managing their own small businesses. These skills are necessary for any student planning to major in Business in college. In this Introduction to Accounting Course, students who have never had prior accounting training are given an overview of the three forms of Accounting: Financial, Cost, and Management Accounting. The course helps build an appreciation for the role of accounting in managing a profitable business. It covers the basic concepts, conventions and rules of the double entry system. It introduces techniques to analyze ratios from the balance sheet. The concept of ethics, integrity and confidentiality and rigor are woven through all the chapters.
COURSE OBJECTIVES: After completing this course, the student will be able to:
Full Credit Course: PART A + PART B
1/2 Credit Course: PART A or B
Self Paced Scheduling Information
- Full Credit Equivalent courses must be completed within 9 months
- 1/2 Credit Equivalent courses must be completed within 4 months
- 1/4 Credit Equivalent courses must be completed within 2 months
- Abbreviated courses must be completed within 2 months
- Monthly courses must be completed within 1 month
All course materials are available through the Aventa Learning website.
Courses and course detail are subject to change without notice.